Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Masterworks vs. the Masters": I have a few photos of my own to illustrate

Masterworks vs. the Masters.  (The New York Times, 7/28/2014)

I don't remember seeing many selfies being taken on Thursday, December 29, 2011One cloudy afternoon this month, the line to enter the Louvre stretched around the entrance pyramid, across one long courtyard and into the next. Inside the museum, a crowd more than a dozen deep faced the Mona Lisa, most taking cellphone pictures and selfies.

But I do remember the deep crowds straining for a view of "Mona Lisa" upon entering exhibit room 6 on the 1st level of the Denon wing of the Louvre.


The dimensions of "Mona Lisa" are small, a mere 2' 6" x 1' 9" (77 cm x 53 cm).

This is about as close as I got for a straight-on view.



I found it more interesting to watch people viewing the painting.



Here is what's on the other side of the wall.



No comments: