DOT: Leo Frigo Bridge Closed 'For a Long Period of Time'. (nbc26.com, 9/25/2013)
Excerpt: At a news conference in Green Bay, the Department of Transportation says the settling of a pier, located on land, caused the dip on the road surface. Pier 22 is the structure in question. There is no timetable for when the bridge will reopen. "It could be weeks, months, maybe a year." Regional Communications Manager Kim Rudat explained.
About the bridge::
- 1981. Opened to traffic. Provides access over Fox River via I-43. (Economic Development History of I-43)
- Highest elevation and profile of all Green Bay bridges.
- Subject to closure due to high winds, heavy fog, blizzards, and ice.
- Scene of many suicide attempts
- 2002. Renamed Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge. (Formerly known as Tower Drive Bridge)
- More information found at Bridgehunter.