Page 1, paragraph 1.
Bashing unnamed past administrations.
- Delayed payments
- Raided segregated funds
- Used federal stimulus for ongoing operational expenses
Page 1, paragraph 2
Tooting his own horn.
- Increased revenue by 6.4%
- Balanced the budget
- Placed $14.8 million into budget stabilization fund
Page 1, paragraph 3
Some polishing up and there just might be a campaign song here. "The new days of fiscal responsibility are here, and our broader economic recovery is gaining speed."
Page 1, paragraph 4
- Act 10 (budget repair bill)
- Act 13 (relating to state finances, the Medical Assistance program, granting bonding authority, and making appropriations)
- Act 27 (series of fiscal changes)
- Act 32 (budget bill)
Page 1, paragraph 5
Cost pressures remain in some area
- Higher education
Page 1, paragraph 6
Improved business rankings (2012)
- CNBC's "Top States for Business: Wisconsin at #17, though still behind Minnesota (11). Iowa (12), Indiana (14).
- Chief Executive magazine:
- Wisconsin at #20, up from #24 in 2011 and #41 in 2010. (RG: In this survey, one would be forgiven to think that perception is everything.)
- "This year, 650 business leaders responded to our annual survey, up from 550 in 2011." (RG: Doesn't sound very scientific to me.)
- Continuing role for Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- "...venture capital initiatives to push for and provoke much needed entrepreneurial development." (RG: I would substitute "encourage" for "provoke".)
Page 2, paragraph 1
Skilled and modern workforce (RG: weak on specifics)
- "...implementing programs to train our friends and neighbors".
- "With innovative and strategic worker training....."
Page 2, paragraph 2
Transforming Wisconsin's education system
- Merit-based staffing (teacher evaluation model)
- Continuing focus on 3rd grade reading scores
- Improved overall education outcomes.
Page 2, paragraph 3
Integration of private sector and educational institutions
- Better balance of employment-based education and liberal arts
- Increase online learning opportunities
Page 2, paragraph 4
- Fund "common sense" projects (RG wonders, speaking in code?)
- End raids on transportation fund to maintain roads and bridges
- Telecommunications (RG: The word is used once, and then it seems as though the subject slipped from his mind by the time he reached the end of the paragraph.)
- Diversify supply
- Balance of cost and sound science
- "...ever aware of environmental impact".
- Lift state's nuclear moratorium
Page 3, paragraph 1
- good stewards
- will not raise taxes
- seeking a smaller and more efficient government
Page 3, paragraph 2
- General purpose revenue (GPR)
- FY13 and FY14 budget at FY12 adjusted base levels
- Minus statutory and discretionary lapses
- Segregated revenue (SEG). "Same zero-growth targets"
- Enhancing state's economy
- Advancing goals set forth in these budget instructions
Budget requests due September 17, 2012.
Page 3, paragraph 4.