Retiring Guy wants to know: How can you not mention libraries?
From the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Channel Weekly, July 1, 2010:
The 2010 Public Library Funding & Technology Access Study also finds that:
- 67 percent of libraries report they are the only provider of free public access to computers and the Internet in their communities;
- Public computer and Wi-Fi use was up last year for more than 70 percent of all libraries;
- 89 percent of libraries provide formal or informal technology training, including classes in computer skills, software use and online job-seeking;
- 82 percent of libraries provide Wi-Fi access;
- A majority of libraries offer Internet services ranging from subscription databases (95 percent) to online homework resources (88 percent) to ebooks (66 percent); and
- 66 percent of libraries provide assistance to patrons completing government forms.
You can contact Wired Wisconsin at firstname.lastname@example.org.