Link to March 30 New Berlin Now article, "Aldermanic hopefuls agree: Cuts loom if revenue can't be found. Candidates take one last chance to make their points".
Excerpt: With the fat pretty much gone from the New Berlin city budget, the candidates for the New Berlin Common Council said service cuts loom.
Speaking before a crowd of about 40 residents at an aldermanic candidate forum Saturday afternoon at New Berlin West High School, they were eager to see the results of the survey soon to arrive in homes. The survey is aimed at finding out which city services residents prize most.
Here's what they talked about.
- Reconstruction of Calhoun Road
- Improvements to industrial park
- Business-friendly city environment
- Special taxing district for the Mill Valley business park
- Keeping property taxes down
- Drainage/flooding problems
- Reopening fire station #2
- Keeping police strength at current level
- Selling naming rights
What about the library?
As the Isley Brothers sing, there's "Work to Do".