Meet first-time author Kelly Corrigan.
Here's what happened before she devised her own book marketing action plan:
1. No invitation to National Book Festival on the Mall.
2. No reviews in major newspapers.
3. No publisher's tour.
Taking matters into her own hand, she.....
1. Produced her own book trailer on a home computer.
2. Had 20 friends host book parties.
3. Posted a YouTube video of herself reading an essay at one of these parties.
1. Her book, The Middle Place, sold 80,000 copies in hardcover and 260,000 in paperback.
2. Her book has been on the New York Times bestseller list for 20 weeks.
3. Her homemade trailer attraced 100,000 views.
4. She booked a boatload of speaking engagements.
That's a very effective horn she's tooting!